Are you getting the message “Cannot Connect to App Store” on your Mac computer? Then check out this helpful step by step guide to fix this issue!
Why Am I Getting the “Cannot Connect to App Store” Message on my Mac?
Not only can you get the “Cannot connect to App Store” on Mac message all of a sudden, but there are also a lot of reasons why it may be popping up. All in all, if you’ve recently made changes to your OS, or tried a new application this could be the problem.
Not to mention even having an anti-virus software running can cause this message to pop up. It may also be as simple as the App Store may be down at the time you’re trying to log in. However, if that isn’t the case, there are ways to fix this issue.
How to Get Rid of the “Cannot Connect to App Store” on Mac?
There are a few ways you can try to get on to the App Store and stop this message from coming up when you try to access new apps. However, please note that the issues making this message pop up can differ greatly. All things considered, this may mean that these solutions might not work for everyone!
Check This: Cannot Connect to App Store On Mac? Fixed
One of the first things you should try if you’re getting this problematic message on your Mac is to check your Network Connection. Altogether, you may simply just have an issue connecting to the internet, rather than connecting to the App Store.
First, check websites on your browser of choice to see if they load correctly. If that works, then you may not have a connectivity issue. However, if it doesn’t then you need to try restarting your router, your computer, as well as turning off your Wi-Fi on your computer, then turning it back on. All things considered, turning off your router can solve a lot of issues when it comes to your connectivity!
Signing In and Signing Out
One way to check your connection to the App Store is to login to your accounts, log out, and try to see if that helps.
- Step 1: Start iTunes
- Step 2: Click on “Account” at the top menu bar
- Step 3: Select “Sign Out”
- Step 4: Close iTunes
- Step 5: Reopen iTunes
- Step 6: Sign back into your account and check to see if it allows you to connect!
You can also do the same with the App Store App on your computer.
- Step 1: Open App Store
- Step 2: In the top menu, select “Store”
- Step 3: Select “Sign Out”
- Step 4: Close the App Store Application
- Step 5: Reopen the App Store App
- Step 6: Sign into your accounts
If you are still having an issue after signing in and out of your various App Store avenues, then there are a lot of other things you can try.
VPNs and Anti-Virus Making “Cannot Connect to App Store” Pop Up
There are times when having VPN’s, as well as Anti-Virus software, will help protect us from prying eyes. However, there are also times where they can inhibit our access to basic accounts and certain applications.
- Step 1: Open your VPN software
- Step 2: Log Out of your VPN
- Step 3: Be certain your VPN is off, as well as shutting down the software
- Step 4: Restart your Mac
- Step 5: Try to access the App Store
Anti-Virus and Malware
- Step 1: Open your Anti-Virus software
- Step 2: Log out of your Anti-Virus software
- Step 3: Close the Anti-Virus and Malware programs on your Mac
- Step 4: Restart your Computer
- Step 5: Attempt to login to the App Store.
All in all, sometimes your privacy software may be stopping you from accessing the App store. You may not have to trust new apps or anything like that once you turn off your anti-virus software. However, it may just need to be enabled for a few moments. You can also try restarting the software as well!
Updating Your OS
A simple solution to your Mac saying “Cannot Connect to App Store” is that you may be running an out of date operating system. Here are the steps to update your OS:
- Step 1: Open System Preferences
- Step 2: Select Software Updates
- Step 3: Click “Check for Updates”
- Step 4: If an update is available, begin the Update
- Step 5: Restart your computer
- Step 6: Log into your Mac
- Step 7: Try to open the App Store
This will not only help you to connect to the App Store, but it may also help any other programs that may be running slowly or acting up recently. Overall, updating your operating system on your Apple product is a great idea for a lot of different programs and applications!
“Cannot Connect to App Store” on Mac Fixed for GOOD!
When it comes to problem solving the message “Cannot Connect to App Store” on your Mac, it can be as simple as restarting your router. Not only that, but also as hard as having to update the entire operating system. All in all, if these steps don’t work for you, you can always contact Apple directly for assistance. Let’s hope one of these approaches can help you never see the “Cannot Connect to App Store” on your Mac for a while!