Want to know how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac? Want to transfer all your iPhone contacts to your Mac PC or laptop.
Stop worrying. You are in the right spot now. In this article, I am going to show you how you can easily sync up your contacts from your iPhone to your Mac.
iPhone and Mac both are Apple Products. Sometimes new users face problems in syncing their contact from iPhone to their Mac. Syncing contacts from the phone to computer or laptop helps to keep your contacts safe. Since your iPhone has limited space, you tend to clean it from time to time. Even when you sell your Phone or do a Full clean. You will lose your contacts. So it is better to keep your contacts always synced in your Computer or laptop so as to keep them safe.
You need to read this article:- How to Hard Reset iPhone 7
Here, in this article, I will tell you not one or two but four methods to sync your contacts from your iPhone to Mac. You will learn to easily sync contacts from your iPhone using these four methods. Start with the first method and follow towards the end until you successfully sync all your contacts to Mac. So let’s start with our article.
Sync Contacts From iPhone To Mac
As I already mentioned above, in this article I am going to show you four ways by which you can easily sync your contacts. There may be many more methods to do so, but these four will cover all the scenarios and you will easily sync contacts in one way or the other. The methods which I am going to discuss in this article are.
- Syncing Contacts using Email
- Syncing Contacts using iTunes
- Contacts Sync using AirDrop
- Contacts Sync using iCloud
So with all these, get ready for the first method. I recommend you to follow along with the steps so as to avoid any mistakes. So without wasting any further time, lets directly jump to our first method.
Sync Contacts Using Email
Email is one of the easiest ways to share contacts from iPhone to your Mac. As Mail is one of the pre-installed features on all your Devices. It easy to transfer contacts through an email. But there is one limitation of this method. This method only allows you to sync or share one contact at a time. So you should prefer this method only when you want to sync only some contacts to your Mac.
Simply follow the steps mentioned below to learn ‘How to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac’.
- Turn ON your iPhone.
- Open your Contacts App.
- Now select the contact that you want to sync or share on Mac.
- Tap on Share contact. A new menu will open.
- From this list of icons, tap on Mail icon.
- It will guide you to send that contact to mail.
- Now you can sync it to your Mac using this email.
That’s it. You have successfully synced your first contact from iPhone to Mac. But if you want to share a large number of contacts or every contact. Instead of using this method and sending one by one. Refer the methods given below.
Sync Contacts Using iTunes
iTunes is one of the most useful applications for iPhone users. iTunes allows you to backup all your data on your Mac so to restore it whenever you want. This backup data includes contacts too. Here you will learn to sync or backup every data including contacts on your iPhone to your Mac. So let us learn steps to sync your contacts from iPhone to Mac by backing it up using iTunes. Follow to steps mentioned below to do so.
- Open your Mac PC or laptop and connect your iPhone to it.
- Now open iTunes on your computer.
- Click on Devices button on iTunes Menu.
- Select Summary and then click on ‘This Computer’ option.
- Finally, click Back Up Now.
That’s it. You have successfully backed all your data in your iTunes on Mac. Along with this data, your contacts are also successfully synced on your Mac from your iPhone.
You may also need this:- iTunes is currently downloading software for the iPhone Solution
Sync Contacts using AirDrop
AirDrop is an ad-hoc service in Apple Inc.’s iOS and macOS operating systems. AirDrop protocol is used for transfers between a Mac and an iOS device as well as between two 2012 or newer Mac computers, and which uses both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. So if you have Airdrop present in your version of iPhone and Mac, you can proceed with this method.
There is no restriction on the size of the file which AirDrop will accommodate. With this sharing feature of Airdrop between iPhone and Mac, you can easily sync your contacts. To learn how-to, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Slide down the control center by dragging the top of your screen.
- Now from this screen, tap on the Airdrop option.
- From here, you can also choose to share the file with everyone or only your Contacts.
- Now turn ON your Mac.
- Go to finder and search and Click on Airdrop on your Mac.
- Select “Allow me to be discovered by Everyone” option from the menu.
- Now from your iPhone select the contact that you want to sync to your Mac.
- Click on Share Contact option.
- Lastly, select your Mac Pc name from the Airdrop list.
So, that’s it. This will start your syncing of contacts from your iPhone to Mac. But this method also allows you to only share contacts one at a time. So better to use it when you have only a few contacts to sync to your Mac.
Sync Contacts using ICloud
iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service from Apple Inc. iCloud enables users to store data such as documents, photos, and music on remote servers for download to iOS, macOS or Windows devices, to share and send data to other users, and to manage their Apple devices if lost or stolen. iCloud also provides the means to wirelessly back up iOS devices directly to iCloud, instead of being reliant on manual backups to a host Mac or Windows computer using iTunes.
Here, I am going to focus only on syncing contacts from your iPhone to your iCloud server. Following the same methods, you can sync all your data to iCloud from your iPhone to Mac. So let’s see how to do that.
- Firstly, turn ON your iPhone and go to Settings.
- Click on your name in the settings. This will open your Apple ID Menu.
- Tap on iCloud from the list given below your Name.
- In this iCloud Menu, under the Apps using iCloud list find and turn ON the toggle for Contacts.
- Now open your Mac and navigate to iCloud Website through your Browser.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password to login to your account.
- Select Contacts from iCloud list.
- Click on the Settings icon that on the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Lastly, choose Select All and click on Export vCard.
And this will successfully sync all your Contacts to your Mac from the iPhone. You have finally synced all your Contacts using your iCloud server on your iPhone.
Time to Sync your Contacts from iPhone to Mac
So you have seen all the methods by which you can easily sync your Contacts from your iPhone to Mac. There are many other methods by which you can do the same thing. But I believe for a normal user, these methods are more than enough to sync the Contacts easily. I hope you have successfully synced your Contacts by now. Again if you have just read the article and not synced your Contacts. I recommend you to do so while reading the steps, so as to avoid any mistakes.
So that marks the end of our article. If you are having any difficulty or queries or doubts regarding any of the methods mentioned above. Feel free to mention them in the Comments Section below. I’ll be more than happy to help you with it. I hope now you don’t have to search anymore ‘How to sync your contacts from iPhone to Mac’ on the Internet.