- 1 What is Motorola Migrate App?
- 2 How To Transfer Files Using The Motorola Migrate App
- 3 Using the Motorola Migrate App Now!
- 4 FAQ
Trying to find out more about the Motorola Migrate App? Then you’ve found just the right tutorial to help you out!
What is Motorola Migrate App?
Motorola Migrate is an application that allows users to transfer videos, photos, as well as music and SIM contacts from an old Android smartphone to a new one. It is extremely useful when you’re upgrading your phone, as well as trying to get the most out of an old Android.
Much like trying to find out what the CQATest app is on your Motorola, some users can be confused when they see the Migrate app on their phones. All in all, it saves the trouble of having to update your contacts and all of your media to your new phone.
How To Transfer Files Using The Motorola Migrate App
Here is the easy to follow guide that allows you to transfer data from one phone to another. Please note that in order for the Migrate App to work successfully, you will need devices with Android 2.2 and above. Furthermore, you can migrate to Motorola phones running Android 4.2 and above.
Follow these steps to transfer your media from one phone to another:
- Step 1: Open the “Motorola Migrate” app on your new phone
- Step 2: Start up your old phone.
- Step 3: Open the Migrate app on your older Android phone
- Step 4: Open the app on your old Android phone
- Step 5: Use the QR scanner on your old phone to scan the QR code on your new phone
- Step 6: Pairing of your devices will happen automatically.
Once the phones are connected, you can easily access your Migrate Settings. As well as choose “Begin Transfer” to have your data transferred.
Check this: How to Transfer Photos From IPhone to IPhone
Using the Migrate App for iPhone
There are a few ways to use Migrate with an iPhone to transfer Contacts and Calendar events. It’s just as simple as trusting a new app on your iPhone. Here is how to transfer your information from a phone using iPhone:
- Step 1: Open the Motorola Migrate App on your Android phone
- Step 2: Select the “iPhone” option
- Step 3: Enter iCloud Apple ID and iCloud password
- Step 4: Select “Continue”
- Step 5: Select “Begin Transfer”
- Step 6: Log into Google Account
- Step 7: Allow migration to begin. Information will soon be available in Google Calendar, as well as in Google Contacts.
Migrate for Android
If you need to transfer more information from one Android to another, you can always manipulate your Migrate settings. This will help you to control which device is sending, as well as receiving. Not to mention what connection method you will use.
- Step 1: Access Migrate Settings
- Step 2: Select Menu (Three little dots)
- Step 3: Select Choose mode. (Sending, as well as receiving options)
- Step 4: Choose the connection method
- Step 5: Choose from QR Code or switch to NFC
Motorola Migrate Alternatives
There are several acceptable Motorola Migrate alternatives on the market right now. You won’t need to spoof your location, or try to get a virus protection app. Because these apps will work just as well, if not better than Migrate does!
Here is a list of the alternatives for you to choose from:
- Androidphonesoft Tool
- Cloud Sync Tools
- Samsung Smart Things
- Send Anywhere
- Xperia Transfer
- Copy My Data
- Content Transfer
Using the Motorola Migrate App Now!
With the help of this tutorial, you’ll not only be able to successfully transfer data, but you may also find alternatives to help you out in the future. Get your new Android phone up and running, as well as loaded with all your data, by using the Motorola Migrate App now!
Can I delete the Motorola Migrate app?
You can enable the Motorola Migrate app in your app settings. However, you can’t delete it unless you “Root” your phone. Which is not necessarily recommended.
Is Motorola Migrate still available?
Motorola Migrate has been retired on newer phones. However, you can still access it on older models.
How Can I Download the Motorola Migrate App?
As of right now, there is no place where you can download Motorola Migrate. However, you can still use the app if you are on Android 2.2 Froyo to Android 5.1 Lollipop if it is already on your device.
What app has replaced Motorola Migrate?
There are a lot of Migrate App alternatives on the Google Play store. However, with more modern phones, you can simply just transfer data from one phone to another using Bluetooth, or other built-in options.