Are you having a PS3 Controller and want to use it on a Windows PC?? Well, yes, you can. This guide will help you on how to Connect PS3 Controller to PC. The guide gives you simple steps to connect your Playstation controller to Windows 10, 8, 7 PC. So you won’t be having these issues anymore.
Anyways, let me first tell you about PS3 Controllers with of its features.
The PlayStation 3 (PS3) is a home video game console developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. It is the successor to PlayStation 2, and is part of the PlayStation brand of consoles. The console was first officially announced at E3 2005, and was released at the end of 2006. It was the first console to use Blu-ray Disc as its primary storage medium. The console was the first PlayStation to integrate social gaming services, including being the first to introduce Sony’s social gaming service, PlayStation Network, and its remote connectivity with PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita, being able to remote control the console from the devices. In September 2009, the Slim model of the PlayStation 3 was released.
Various accessories for the PlayStation 3 video game console have been produced by Sony. These include controllers, audio and video input devices like microphones, video cameras, and cables for better sound and picture quality.
The Wireless Controller (SCPH-98040/CECHZC1) (trademarked “SIXAXIS”) is the official wireless controller for the PlayStation 3 until it was succeeded by the DualShock 3. Its design is an evolution of the DualShock 2 (DS2) controller, retaining its pressure-sensitive buttons, layout and basic shape. Unlike the DS2, however, it is a Bluetooth wireless controller (it will also function as a wired controller via USB) and features motion sensing technology.
DualShock 3 :-
Replacing the Sixaxis as the standard PlayStation 3 controller, the DualShock 3 (SCPH-98050/CECHZC2, trademarked “DUALSHOCK 3”) features the same functions and design (including “Sixaxis” motion sensing), but with vibration feedback capability. Cosmetically, the DualShock 3 is nearly identical to the Sixaxis, with the only differences being that “DUALSHOCK 3” is printed on the top (with the original “SIXAXIS” label moved down) and that the body is made of opaque plastic rather than the slightly translucent plastic used on the Sixaxis. The vibration function does not interfere with the motion sensing function, and both functions can be used at once.
As far as controllers r concerned, they are not only Ps3 supported. Yes, they can be used in Pc as well. But people have a hard time figuring how to connect their consoles controllers or gamepads to Pc’s as they require proper compatibility software to be installed first in your pc to use them. So today in this article we are going to discuss How you can connect Ps3 controller directly to your Pc and play your favourite games.
3 Ways to Connect Ps3 Controller to Pc
So finally, here are 3 different working methods to connect your PS3 Controller to PC.
1. Use PS3 Controller on PC Using MotionInJoy
You can do this by using a third-party driver. Here are the steps to do so;
- Download and install MotionInJoy in your Windows Pc. Find the compatible version as per your Windows and install it on your computer.
You can find the Driver here:- MotionInJoy free download
- Run the installation program and then launch the DS3 tool.
- Now plug in your Ps3 controller into your Pc via USB cable and then click Driver Manager Tab.
- You will find your Controller type from the “Hardware Location” tab. Your controller must be listed there.
- After checking everything under the hardware section Click on Load Driver.
- It will give you a warning stating it of an “Unsigned Driver”.Ignore that. The driver will be loaded.
- Now just go to the Profiles tab and select your controller from there (Ps3 Controller in this case).
You can change the settings of your controller; like button layout and vibration setting from there.
Pairing with Bluetooth
If your Pc supports Bluetooth, you can even connect your controller wirelessly.
To connect it wirelessly with MotionInJoy software follow these steps:-
- Click on the BluetoothPair tab and click Pair Now.
- The controller will then pair with your Bluetooth adapter, letting you use it without the USB cable.
- If you want to go back to using it with your PS3, you’ll have to plug it into your system and pair it again.
So this was one of the easiest ways to Use PS3 Controller on a Windows 10 PC (or even Win 8,7, Vista)
2. Connect PS3 Controller to PC using Xbox 360 Controller Drivers
This method tricks your Pc to see your Ps3 Controller as an Xbox Controller.
- First Download the official drivers for the Xbox 360 controller from Microsoft’s site. Download the driver which matches your Pc system’s Configuration.
You can Download the Drivers from here:- Xbox Controller Drive for Pc
- Next, install the downloaded Driver to your Pc.
- Plug in your Ps3 Controller to you Pc (wirelessly or wired).
- Now download the XInput Wrapper drivers from here:- XInput Wrapper Direct Download
- Unpack the file and run the ScpDriver.exe file from the ScpServer\bin folder.
- NOTE :- WINDOWS XP AND VISTA users should check the force install option before proceeding further.
- Now click the install button.
- Done! you can now use Ps3 controller on your Pc and play any game that supports it.
3. Connect PS3 Controller to PC using ScpToolkit
Well, by now I am sure you must have connected your PlayStation 3 Controller on PC. If you still cannot find a working method, we have one more solution for you.
- Turn on your Controller by Pressing the “PS” button in the middle of your Controller.
- Now plug the narrow end of the controller’s USB charging cable into the controller and the large end of the USB cable into one of your computer’s USB ports.
- Go to ScpToolkit website and download the driver. You can download ScpToolkit.exe from here :- ScpToolkit Driver Download
- Click the “ScpToolkit_Setup.exe” link. Make sure you’re downloading the most recent version of the software. If you’re on an out-of-date version’s page, you won’t see the green “Latest Release” sticker on the left side of the page.
- Now install the downloaded Toolkit driver in your Pc.
- Now double-click the “ScpToolkit Driver Installer” program. It’s in the file in which you installed SCP Toolkit.
- Uncheck the “Install DualShock 4 Controller” box and Click the box under “Choose DualShock 3 Controllers to Install”.
- Check the Wireless Controller option and select Ps3 controller from it.
- At last click on Install button. Once the installation is complete, you’ll hear a confirmation noise.
- At this point, your controller’s drivers have been installed and you are ready to begin using your controller with PC games.
Now you can use PS3 Controller on PC!!
All these are working methods to use or connect Ps3 controller to Pc. Read the steps carefully to install and configure the drivers carefully to your Pc. Through these methods you can successfully connect Ps3 controller to Pc wich can be used to play game which supports them.
These methods may not work for Ps4 or Xbox controllers as they require different configurations and drivers to work on Pc. So go and connect your Ps3 controller on pc and start gaming.
Why Should I Connect a PS3 Controller to my PC?
You can connect a PS3 controller to your PC in order to be able to play online games, console games, as well as PC games using a hand friendly controller. This way you’re not limited to a mouse and a keypad.
Is it Easy to Connect a Controller to a PC?
The three best ways to connect your PS3 controller to your PC are incredibly simple. Just follow the step by step guides and it will be up and running in no time.
Does it Matter What Controller I Connect?
There are a wide variety of PS3 controllers available. Some personalized, as well as others, being standard. It does not matter which type you connect to your PC.
Will the PS3 Methods Work for PS4 or XBOX Controllers?
The methods you use to connect a PS3 controller may not apply to PS4, as well as XBOX controllers. For those steps and configurations, you’ll need different instructions.