Want to know how to delete credit karma account? Here is the perfect guide covering all the information that you may require while deleting your credit karma account.
There might be many possible reasons due to which you want to deactivate or delete credit karma account. Well, in many cases I found that users mostly get irritated because of the so-called “soft query” or “soft inquiry” carried out by the service as Soon as the user taps on the app, and in other cases people are not usually satisfied with the results of the credit karma service; and in rare cases people usually have privacy concerns and when the privacy issues come to the details of their credit cards credentials it doubles!
These days credit karma is one of the most trending and the most popular site with its elementary core feature ie, the service provides you with two free real credit scores, and tells you about the exact factors that go into them in detail.
As we all the know, the service is totally free to use and provides the complete analysis of the credit information to their users.
So, let’s have a look at the different ways which you can use to delete your credit karma account.
How to Delete your Credit Karma Account
You can easily delete/ deactivate your credit karma account by few easy clicks. Follow the steps carefully and execute them in a sequential manner to get the desired results.
Step1. On your computer or mobile internet browser; browse the URL given below:
This link will direct you to the credit karma service account help page.
Step 2. Now, scroll down and search for “how can we help?” and tap or click on that.
Step3. Select or choose “cancel my account”. A login screen will prompt now.
Step4. Login to your credit karma account By entering your email/ username and password.
Step5. After you have selected “cancel my account” it will next prompt “Get Start” and “now you are able to cancel your account” respectively.
Step6. Now, next, you have to visit the account cancellation page to complete your account cancellation process.
Step7. Tap or click the “account cancellation”, a screen will prompt with a red “confirm cancellation” button, click on that.
Step8. Enter your login credentials once again, it will show an error stating that the “account you are trying to log in had been deactivated”.
In this way, you can easily delete or deactivate your credit karma account. But keep in mind, once you have deleted your credit karma account you cannot make a new account with any username till next 6 months.
Cancel Credit Karma Account by sending a Mail
Here is the alternative method with the help of which you can delete or deactivate your credit karma account. In this method, you can delete or deactivate your credit karma account by sending a mail (letter) to their address.
Therefore Follow the steps given below to delete or deactivate your account through this method:
You have to send the letter including the important information like;
- Your full name or username
- Your date of birth
- The email address (active) associated with your active Credit Karma account,
- A request to cancel your account
You have to send your cancellation request to the address;
Credit Karma, Inc.
Attn: Account Termination
P.O. Box 520
San Francisco, CA 94104-0520
In this method just make sure that your letter clearly states that you want to cancel or delete/deactivate your credit karma account.
Is credit karma safe to use?
Currently Having millions of registered active users on the service “credit karma” users mostly have privacy concerns and as I earlier said that when the privacy concerns they doubles! So it is worth knowing the privacy guidelines of the credit karma service:
These are the types of information collected by the credit karma service:
- Personal information: the service collects all the personally identifiable information such as your username, password, card security number and contact number.
- Non-personal information: it also collects no personally identifiable information which includes your gender, sources of income and the types of financial products you are interested in.
- Automatically collected information: the service also collects the usage information automatically, as it tries to improve their service for the users. It uses various technologies likes cookies, web browsers, and web beacons to collect this type of information.
- Device information: the service integrates every information related to the device and the built-in features associated with that device. It collects the model number, operating system type information.
- Log information: the login information includes the collection of your IP address, other log files in the device, browser type, device configuration and date- time access.
- Location information: the service can also collect your location information if you allow them to do so. If you turn off the location feature of your Device they won’t be able to collect your location information.
- Information provided by the third parties: most of the information collected by the service credit karma depends on the third-party apps, which includes your free credit reports and scores. They collect your information on behalf of the TransUnion and Equifax.
Well, these were all the best possible ways to delete your profile from credit karma; You can use these methods on your android phone as well as on the computer. I have covered all the methods and information that one can get while deleting their credit karma account. If you have any query or want to ask any question regarding how to delete your credit karma account. Feel free to hit your questions in the comment section.