If you are looking for ways to Push to Talk Feature on Skype, then you are at the right place. With the help of this guide, you will be able to setup skype push to talk in Mac, Windows and even on Skype Business.
Skype is a telecommunications application software product. It provides video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches via the Internet and to regular telephones. Skype additionally provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit both text and video messages. And may exchange digital documents such as images, text, and video. Skype allows video conference calls.
Skype implements a freemium model. Much of the service is free, but Skype Credit or a subscription is required to call a landline or a mobile phone number. At the end of 2010, there were over 660 million worldwide users, with over 300 million estimated active each month as of August 2015. At one point in February 2012, there were 34 million users concurrently online on Skype.
With so many exciting features of Skype with every update, its hard to talk about all these in a single article. So in this article, we are going to talk about one of the most exciting features of Skype “Push to Talk Button”. Here we are going to describe the feature and also tell you how you can enable and setup it in your Pc.
What is Skype Push To Talk Button?
The latest version of Skype update includes a new push to talk feature button to allow instant toggle for microphone muting while on a Skype Call. Skype For Business Push To Talk feature also known as toggle mute key. This Awesome Feature has been one of the most requested Features by Skype MAC And Windows Users. And that finally allow for Gamers to prevent others from hearing.
Why Use Push to Talk Skype Feature?
This Skype Feature is used to Mute the Microphone while doing something else until you are ready to Talk with other. This Feature is most used during Multi-Tasking Routines like while Playing Multi-Player games online.
How to Setup Skype Push To Talk Feature
Follow the steps given below to enable Skype Push to Talk feature on your Mac or Windows !!
- Open the Skye App by clicking on the icon.
- Log in to your account.
- On the top of the window, we could see the Tools option, click on it and then we get a drop-down menu.
- Select the Options from the drop-down menu.
- After we select the Options, we could see a menu on left side of the screen/window. Select the Advanced option at the bottom of the menu
- Now we will get some subcategories under this option, click on the option Hotkeys.
- Once done, we will get a list of options on the right side of the window with multiple options.
- Here at the end, we can see an option as Toggle Mute(push to talk).
- Check the box and click on button Change selected shortcut.
- Your Push to Talk feature is successfully set up and now you can use it
Note: Do not forget to un-mute. We could see the mute button at bottom of the Skype window if you are on mute, un-mute it.
Also Read: How to Record Calls on WhatsApp
Well, that was it. It’s not that difficult to setup push to talk button on Skype. If you are still facing issues then let us know in comments.