Wondering, how to hide the taskbar on Windows 10? Feels like your taskbar is taking extra space? Is the taskbar interrupting between your work? Or your taskbar is affecting your privacy while working?
If any of these are your cause of worry, you are now at the right stop. Here, I’m going to show you simple steps to hide your taskbar from your Windows 10 PC.
Windows 10 comes with so many features such as face recognition, a bootable time within seconds, handy taskbar and many more. The taskbar can work efficiently on a desktop mode as well as tablet mode. Instead of writing, you can also speak the search you want to perform using this Taskbar. However, it may be annoying sometimes, due to the extra space it takes. Sometimes a program running in taskbar pops up abruptly while doing your other work. This may disturb you while doing your work.
You need to read this article:- [FIXED] Your Windows License will Expire Soon
So as to get you rid of this annoying taskbar in Windows 10. In this article, I am going to discuss “How to hide the taskbar in Windows 10”. This includes automatic hiding the taskbar, a permanent hide of the taskbar or hiding a particular application from the taskbar and all the important things you must know about each method. This article is completely for Windows 10 operator, whether desktop mode or tablet mode. Without further wasting time, let’s start with the article.
Method to Hide your Taskbar on Windows 10
It seems very annoying when you are in a particular work and you get interrupted by an application of taskbar. You want to have the complete occupation of the screen, but the taskbar is taking unnecessary space, which is annoying as well. To get rid of this problem you have an inbuilt option in Windows 10 which many are not familiar about.
You can remove this taskbar from your screen of Windows 10 either temporarily or permanently. I will be showing you both the methods in this section. So let’s start with our first method.
Hide the Taskbar Temporarily
This method has some disadvantage. Most important is that it doesn’t hide your Taskbar permanently. Whenever you will take the cursor to the end of the screen, the taskbar will pop up immediately. But still, it gives you full-screen occupation when you are doing your work. You can even use the taskbar whenever required. If you want to hide it temporarily, follow the steps below.
NOTE – First follow the method of temporary hiding the taskbar and then move to the second method.
- Right-click on empty space of taskbar.
- Select “Properties” from the screen which pops up.
- Check the box next to “Auto-hide the taskbar”. Here if you want to make the taskbar of smaller size, you may check the box next to “Use small taskbar button”.
- Click “OK”.
If you are unable to hide the taskbar the way given above then it may be just a layout change. You can also try the method mentioned below.
- Click the Windows logo from your desktop or tablet.
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Personalization” in the new screen which pops up.
- Select “Taskbar”
- Click “On” button next to “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” for those who are using the desktop version.
- For those who are using tablet mode, click the “On” button next to “Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode”.
- If you want the smaller size of taskbar, click “On” next to “Use small taskbar button”.
By doing this method, you have successfully hidden the taskbar by properties. Windows will automatically hide it now. But it will definitely pop up when you take the cursor to the end of the screen. To hide it permanently, proceed to the next method.
You might also be interested in:- Fix Windows 10 Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage
Hide the Taskbar Permanently
Suppose you have to deliver a speech online using your desktop/tablet. Or you are a YouTuber where you need your windows screen to be displayed or you don’t want any interruption while playing games. So, if you don’t want your audience to know what other programs you are working on and your cursor pops up automatically, which creates disturbance during the presentation and also affects the privacy. This seems to be very annoying, even after hiding the taskbar temporarily, if it is still popping up.
To get rid of this problem we have to download taskbar hider, which does the work of permanently hiding of the taskbar. Follow the steps below to hide the taskbar permanently.
- Open your favourite browser and Download Taskbar Hide application.
- Download the application and do the installation.
- Click the windows button and open the taskbar hider.
- Go to “Menu” in the taskbar window.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “Hotkeys”.
- Here in this window, you could see the hotkey configuration for ‘hide taskbar’. If you want to change the configuration, do the changes and click “Ok”.
Note – you need to remember the hotkey configuration.
- Press the hotkey configuration, suppose “Ctrl + T”.
Congratulations, your taskbar is now hidden permanently. If you want to make your taskbar visible again, press the hotkey configuration again, it will automatically unhide. For the best output, first, hide the taskbar by going to the properties as mentioned in the first method, and then follow the second method. This is recommended because if your taskbar is not hidden automatically then the taskbar hider will hide the taskbar but not in full screen. However, if you want to hide any particular application from taskbar, follow the next method.
Hide an application from Taskbar on Windows 10
Many times it happens that, even though you have already hide your taskbar but it still interrupts you due to some notification of any running application of taskbar. The notification may be a message you got in any kind of social media application such as Skype, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook. This is very much irritating when you are busy in some professional work. The Cortana search box in the taskbar also creates this kind of problems, giving you notification of searches which you don’t require.
To get rid of these kinds of problems you can hide a particular application by going to the settings. To do the same, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on empty space of your taskbar.
- Click “Taskbar settings” in the new pop up screen
- Scroll down to “Notification area”
- Uncheck the button next to the application you want to hide.
- Whenever you want to unhide the application, follow the same method and check the button next to the application.
To hide the Cortana search box, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on empty space of taskbar.
- Click “Cortana” in the pop-up screen
- Click “Hidden”
- Right-click on the empty taskbar again
- Click “Show task View”
- Cortana search box will now not display in the Taskbar.
So that’s it. You should have successfully hidden an application from your Taskbar on Windows 10. That concludes all the method of this article.
Let’s Hide Windows 10 Taskbar
I believe you have successfully hidden your Taskbar on Windows 10 by now. All the methods mentioned in this article are verified by myself and are working at the time of writing this article. if you have just read the article and not actually followed it. I recommend you to do so while reading the steps, so as to avoid any mistakes.
You may also need this:- How to Play 4K UHD Videos on Windows 10
So that marks the end of our article. If you are having any difficulty or queries or doubts regarding any of the methods mentioned above. Feel free to mention them in the Comments Section below. I’ll be more than happy to help you with it. I hope now you don’t have to search anymore ‘How to Hide Taskbar Windows 10’ on the Internet.